FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   You have no new messagesYou have no new messages   Log out [ videora ]Log out [ videora ] 

Videora crashes if alot of files found for download
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
molitar

PostPosted: 02 May 2006 09:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Ok I tested this for you. If I uncheck the download feed checkbox than the crash does not happen for them sites. For example a site torrentspy has just changed they now do their feed so when my watchlist tries to download the fansub anime or manga chapter that it is trying to download the site itself downloads. This than causes videora to crash.
videora
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: 03 May 2006 07:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

When you said "so when my watchlist tries to download" did you really mean your season ticket?

Or does this happen when you try to manually download something through watchlist items as well?
molitar

PostPosted: 03 May 2006 09:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Yes after seeing the symptom with torrentspy I went to the actual rss feed manually and found something to add to the watch list. I than clicked on it to try to download the link to see what would happen it changed over to the rss feed screen and it showed the home page of the torrentspy website. This indicated to me that the feeds giving issues were the ones that may have links sometimes without a direct torrent download link.
videora
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: 06 May 2006 02:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Well, based on the information you provided it would seem that these crashes are occuring as a result of viewing webpages in the internal RSS Web Browser while it is not in focus. It would seem that the Web Browser control being used is having some sort of internal problem viewing the URLs that Videora passes to it on an irregular basis.

Unfortunately this (closed-source) control was built by Microsoft and there is no way we can find or fix the problem being caused in the control.

The only thing we can do is bring the RSS Browser into focus before telling it to go to a certain URL. We have no idea whether this will work or not (since we can't even reproduce this problem) but its worth a shot.

But if that doesn't work then the only workaround we can think of is the removing all HTML-based feeds or disabling use of the RSS Web Browser for HTML based feeds.

Please check your e-mail for more information.
molitar

PostPosted: 06 May 2006 02:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Ok that seems to have fixed the issue. And I see by double clicking on a link that does not have a summary I can still open the webpage for the actual link.

So it seems to be a satisfactory work around since the only other work around alternative was to open up inititally to the RSS feed window than the search window. Almost the like the browser component wasn't being created or activated until it was brought to focus once and once it has than it has run for over 3 days continually with no error. So the error was just on the first creation of the component not being brought into focus as if the browser component was not created until the RSS tab was activated.

I would say the actual problem is not the irregular download of it while not in focus but that for some reason the internal browser component is actually not being created until brought into view. Almost like it's not being created until a formshow event is called and not a formcreate.

So for most users I imagine the auto opening of HTML content was the most preferable method than initially opening up to the RSS Feed window.
molitar

PostPosted: 09 May 2006 08:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Ok I've had two crashes.. way less than I use to. I find that with the new improvements tho I have plenty of time to open rss feed tab once to prevent the error. Before I had to beat the rss feed download and had to be very very fast. Now I have a little time to open that tab. That tab must be brought into focus at least once it seems before a feed like that tries to download. I have supplied a screenshot of what has downloaded or tried to download that caused the error to happen WHEN I did not open the RSS tab first. As long as I open that tab first than I have no issue with crashes.

videora
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: 10 May 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

We're a little confused by your posting. Could you clearly indicate the steps that cause the error and the steps that do not cause the error?

Please also post the feed URL which is causing you problems.
molitar

PostPosted: 10 May 2006 01:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Start Video and do do not click on the RSS Feed tab link. If their is a bad feed url that gets the error message in the download box like you see in my screenshot. Must wait a few minutes to be sure feeds have downloaded to get a bad download attempt. Than when I click on RSS Feed tab than I will get the exception error and I will have to endtask it because part of it will not quit properly.

To avoid the error I must start Videora and than click on the RSS Feed and it will run fine from than on until I restart it.

Another thing I have noted in when I first started Videora is that the last time it crashed that the feed when I first started it was up. But than the feed/site went down after a few seconds which is why I think we see the text in downloads showing 'torrents-details.php?id=521&hit=1' as unknown download error and unknown web download error. Took me a while to figure this possibility out. Seems the feed is now cached and it is trying to download from the feed/site that just went down on it.

And the last feed/site I had an issue with for some reason was a feed setup this way.

feed: http://www.site.com/rss.asp
link pattern: /directory.asp\?mode=torrentdetails&id=
replacement string: /download.asp?id=

Now is giving me this error when it opened up the webpage to the link seems my redirection is not working anymore. Seems they must have changed something and that maybe what is helping to cause the few issues now.

Torrent link: http://www.site.com/torrent/730101/File
Actual download link:
http://www.site.com/download.asp?id=730101

result when videora tries to download with the redirection that it is using:
videora
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: 11 May 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

As we said before, there is not much we can do about the browser issue since it is not a component that we built ourselves. If opening if the RSS Feed tab when Videora starts solves the problem, then we can force Videora to startup in that tab instead of the main one if you like.

As for your second note, this is typical behavior and a non-issue.

Finally, you are correct, the RSS feed you linked to has changed their link structure and the pattern replacement will no longer work. At this point in time we are unaware of a pattern to fix this.
molitar

PostPosted: 11 May 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Yes I think opening up to the RSS Feed tab first would probably resolve the issue. It seems like the browser component acts as if it's not actually being created until an onshow event happens.
molitar

PostPosted: 12 May 2006 07:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

One issue I realized today was also popups keep wanting to popup on sites like torrentspy. Which gives that script error message. Is it possible to limit the internal browser so popup scripts can't run? That internal browser really only needs to show summaries so I would think it would not need to be very advanced.

Secondly do you think it would be possible to improve on the replacement string to correct the bad links like the one above?

Torrent link: http://www.site.com/torrent/730101/File
Actual Link: http://www.site.com/download.asp?id=730101

If it was possible to somehow inform the software that the pattern torrent/######/file the ###### is the id number we are interested in than we could do a replacement string with http://www.site.com/download.asp?id=######

If I was doing such a thing in Delphi I would capture the entire url to a string. Than would use a copy value and use variables that the user themselves put in for starting position and how many characters to capture for ending position. I have pasted a bit of delphi code to explain what I mean.

var
url,id: string;
i,x: integer;

url := http://www.site.com/torrent/730101/File;
Copy(url,29,6);
id := url;

Now I would than show a test button that can be used by the user to
test to make sure that the proper values for start and end position are correct. Of course this would require additional data fields for the start and end integer values in the filters.xml to be read by the application to retrieve the id value to be appended to the replacement string that would than follow like.

http://www.site.com/download.asp?id=

I can see more and more tracker sites going to a more complex setup like torrentspy to force users to actually visit the tracker site instead of the simple regex downloaders being built into the new torrent clients lately. This would also make your application even more useful because now it could work on trackers that others could not.
molitar

PostPosted: 12 May 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

The latest exe that opens directly to RSS feeds seems to have fixed the issue.. I even reactivated the feeds that were causing the issue.. started videora and minimized it and it did not crash. Running stable all day after several restart tests with it.
molitar

PostPosted: 21 May 2006 01:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Ok the only issue I am having with the latest exe is I keep getting script error which happens to be a popup window trying to popup. Is it possible to somehow disable this script error IE window? Or to disable scripting in Videora? If so this should be your next release it's been rock solid and no other errors at all, just the annoying script error window from the torrentspy.com tracker site.

Also how about the possibility of the replacement string type feature like I suggested above? Do you think you could implement such a feature? It really would put Videora above all the rest of the free RSS feed software that is being put into software like Azureus and others.
videora
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: 21 May 2006 02:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

We're doubtful we'll be able to stop that site-specific issue. The only way may be to disable the proper settings in Internet Explorer. We'll look into it.

Your feature request is possible but it is a little complex. We will consider implementing such a feature.
molitar

PostPosted: 21 May 2006 03:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster

Ok thanks for the update. BTW I think the error on the script error is Videora not using the IE settings for disable script debugging. When I go to the page in IE it shows the error in status bar but because I have script debugging disabled it doesn't popup an error window. But Videora popups up an error window. Seems it is not reading all the IE settings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    videora.com Forum Index -> Videora Support All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Watch this topic for replies

Delete this topic Move this topic Lock this topic Split this topic 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum
You can moderate this forum

Go to Administration Panel